NDAR AT BALTEXPO 2023 on October 10-12 2023 - Gdansk, POL - Booth A.14A-H - More Info
Probabilistic Damaged Stability
Program description Version 24 April 2023
This course, intended for naval architects and ship designers, covers the preparation of a full probabilistic damaged stability analysis, as per SOLAS regulations, chapters 7, 8 & 9. Cargo & passenger vessels are both addressed.
– SOLAS damaged stability since 2009
– Ship geometrical model
– Permeabilities and critical points
– Divisions, decks and wing bulkheads
– Chapter 8 & 9, bottom and side damage
– Chapter 7 probabilistic
Software of reference: GHS Course venue / delivery mode: live web sessions. A minimum of 2 registered attendees is required to maintain the course. Duration : 4 x 3 hours, total 12 hours
– Notions of hydrostatics and naval architecture
– General experience with GHS: user interface, command line, geometry file structure.
– Participants provide their own PC. Software training licenses are included in the training cost. NDAR will check correct software installation prior to course commencement.
Course content is 40% theoretical / 60% practical. Participants are invited to practice “hands-on”, through exercises and guidance by the instructor.
The training course in non-certifying. The instructor monitors the participants’ progress via an evaluation table.
Instructor: Stéphane Dardel, naval architect Course Language : English (French and Italian supported)
Persons with disabilities : please contact email@example.com if your situation requires special attention
Cost: 1,250€ (excl.VAT) per participant. Training software licenses included.
Next Dates: 4 web-sessions Monday 24th to Thursday 27th, July 2023. Daily schedule 09.30-12.30 CET.
Registration: please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Registration deadline: 8 days prior to course commencement