NDAR AT BALTEXPO 2023 on October 10-12 2023 - Gdansk, POL - Booth A.14A-H - More Info
GHS Basic & intermediate Training
Program description Version 21 July 2023
Hydrostatics, stability , strength and Seakeeping. This training workshop is intended for beginners and intermediate GHS users, but will be a very useful refresher for anyone using or working with GHS.
By the end of the course, participants are able to:
– Prepare a GHS geometry file
– Output hydrostatics & tank tables
– Create load cases
– perform intact & damaged stability analysis, including stability criteria verification
– Produce full stability report
– Geometry file: import and creation, Model Converter and Part Maker modules
– GHS command language
– Run files, macros and variables
– Condition graphics
– Load editor
– Stability criteria, intact and damaged stability
– Heeling moments
– Tank types and free surfaces
– Maximum VCG calculations
– Longitudinal strength
– Intro to Seakeeping
Software of reference: GHS Course venue / delivery mode: live web sessions. A minimum of 2 registered attendees is required to maintain the course. Duration : 6 x 3.5 hours, total 21 hours
– Notions of hydrostatics and naval architecture, software installation
– Participants provide their own PC. Software training licenses are included in the training cost. NDAR will check correct software installation prior to course commencement.
Course content is 20% theoretical / 80% practical. Participants are invited to practice “hands-on”, through exercises and guidance by the instructor.
The training course in non-certifying. The instructor monitors the participants’ progress via an evaluation table.
Course Language : English (French and Italian supported) Instructor: Stéphane Dardel, naval architect
Persons with disabilities : please contact email@example.com if your situation requires special attention
Cost: 2,250€ (excl.VAT) per participant. Training software licenses included.
Next Dates: 3 sessions Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday 18-19-20 September 2023, 3 sessions Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday 25-26-27 September 2023.
Daily schedule 09.30-13.00 CET
Registration: please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Registration deadline: 8 days prior to course commencement