New Orca3D Version (2.0.23) Available
- Additional Orca3D Grasshopper components have been developed. The new components (still a Work-in-Progress) expose the Orca3D hull assistant functionality as well as the planing and displacement hull resistance analysis functionality. All feedback is welcome.
- Modified the default geometry meshing parameters used to create the CFD CAD geometry to be more aggressive (i.e., finer) to improve model resolution.
- Added persistence of the real-time hydrostatics parameters between Rhino/Orca3D sessions.
- Modified Orca3D Marine CFD propulsor definition form to change “Thickness” to “Hub Length” for clarification.
- Fixed several issues related to using non-US keyboard settings (e.g., comma as a decimal character including:
- Fixed an issue in the OrcaCreateCFDRender command in which heave and pitch were not properly parsed.
- Fixed an issue in writing out Orca3D Marine CFD refinement zone information.
- Fixed issues in stability criteria evaluation including expression evaluation.
- Fixed an issue in which the hydrostatics free float logic could sometimes fail to converge with an input starting flotation plane that does not intersect the model geometry.
- Fixed several bugs in the Orca3D Marine CFD reporting command:
- Fixe an issue in which the real time history sampling number used to compute average values was one more than specified (e.g., the default sampling value of 10 resulted in 11 actual samples being averaged).
- Fixed an issue in which a regular expression matching pattern could cause more resistance components than intended to be matched, such as when air/water resistance component output is enabled.
- Added a check to make sure the user has not changed the mass of the model in the simulation from what it was when generated from Orca3D.
- Fixed a consistency check for comparing hull data across multiple simulation results.
- Fixed a bug in the scriptable version of the Savitsky planing hull analysis in which the incorrect displacement and lcg were being retrieved from the design condition. This only affected the scriptable command version.
- Fixed an issue where a negative righting arm could incorrectly be interpreted as an invalid value when computing the steady equilibrium condition.
- Fixed an issue in STIX analysis where the wind moment factor was not being computed correctly.