Applied Ship Design Methods using Integrated Software Solutions
Program description Version 18 January 2023
From basic hull design to hydrostatics & ship stability, resistance & propulsion, to parametric structural modelling, weight estimate, to FE-based structural analysis, participants are taken through the different steps of the first ship design loop, in an integrated software workflow
– Hull design and hydrostatics
– Weight model
– Ship stability, statutory stability & stability criteria
– Resistance & Propulsion
– Parametric structural modelling
– FE-based Structural Analysis
Software of reference: Rhino3D, Orca3D, GHS, ExpressMarine, MAESTRO Marine, ShipWeight Express
Course venue / delivery mode: live web sessions. A minimum of 2 registered attendees is required to maintain the course.
Duration : 6 x 3.5 hours, total 21 hours
– Notions of hydrostatics and naval architecture, software installation
– Participants provide their own PC. Software training licenses are included in the training cost. NDAR will check correct software installation prior to course commencement.
Course content is 30% theoretical / 70% practical. Participants are invited to practice “hands-on”, through exercises and guidance by the instructor.
The training course in non-certifying. The instructor monitors the participants’ progress via an evaluation table.
Instructor: Stéphane Dardel, Naval Architect
Course Language : English (French and Italian supported)
Persons with disabilities : please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your situation requires special attention
Cost: Total 2,790€ (excl.VAT) per participant for the 21-hour program. Training software licenses included.
Next Dates: To be further announced
Registration: please contact us at email@example.com
Registration deadline: 15 days prior to course commencement