Bonus Tools, including more than 100 new features, are available to all
Rhino 3.0 users as a free download
in Service Release 4.
Rhino 3 Bonus Tools
2004 and 2005 import/export -
Open/import and save AutoCAD 2004 and 2005 files in addition
to previous versions. Also now reads ACIS solids.
- Imports Geomview .OFF meshes.
- GHS (General
Hydrostatics) import/export (updated) - Exports and imports General
Hydrostatics (GHS) geometry and part maker files.
- GTS import
- Import GNU Triangulated Surface (GTS) files.
- Creates a print layout from all Rhino viewports in the Rhino window.
- OBJ import
- Crash bug fixed
- STEP import
- Updated to support parts and assemblies as blocks
- Browse the structure of a STEP file
- PDF import
- Imports PDF and Adobe Illustrator 8+ files
- Print 3-D
- If you have 3-D printer installed on your system, this plug-in
lets you print directly the file format required for your printer.
A Print 3-D menu item is added to Rhino's File menu, and your printer
will display in the list. Currently supported systems include:
CopyToLayer - Copies selected objects to a new layer.
- Copies the entire contents of an existing layer to a new layer.
- LayerStateManager - Saves and restores the
states of layers.
- OrientPerptoCrvEx - Orients object(s) to
- more than 25 new display options
- FullScreen -
Toggles between full screen and your workspace layout
GradientView - Set a viewport's background to a gradient
- MPlane - Sets
the construction plane to a selected object.
MoveTargetToObjects - Moves a viewport's target position
to the center of the bounding box of selected objects.
OrientCameraToSrf - Moves a viewport's camera and
target locations to match a selected surface normal.
UPlane - Universal construction plane utility.
- Captures the view to the Windows clipboard.
- Captures the view to a file.
- Spin - A refined
version of the turntable command.
- Navigation tool to "walk" through a Rhino model
AnnotateCrvEndPoints - Annotates the end points of
- Create a blend curve between curves and/or surface edges. Gives
a preview of the curves and allows adjusting before the curve is
BreakCrv - breaks a curve between two points
ClosePolylines - Closes open polylines.
ContourCrv - Create contour points through curves.
CreateUVCrvOnSrf - Creates UV curves from surface
and curves on surface.
CurveBoolean - Boolean curves
DupFaceBorder - Duplicates the border of surfaces
- Extracts a subcurve from a polyline or polycurve.
- fillet all of the kinks in multiple polylines to a single radius.
- Creates a hyperbolic curve.
- Creates a polyline that is the view based outline of the region
covered by the selected meshes
ModifyRadius - Modifies the radius of an arc or circle.
MoveCrv - moves a curve segment in a polyline or polycurve.
MoveCrvPoint - moves curve corner.
- Offsets a curve on a surface normal to the surface, like the edge
of the surface created by the Fin command.
- Opens a closed polyline.
SectionCrv - Create section points through curves.
Fin - Extrude curve normal to surface.
InsertPoint - Inserts curve and surface control points.
RemovePoint - Removes curve and surface control points.
- Flattens a surface as you might expect from the command name.
- Shrinks a trimmed surface as close as possible to the trimmed
VariableOffsetSrf - Make variable offsets of surfaces.
ArrayHole - Make 2D array of holes on a planar surface.
ArrayHolePolar - Make 2D polar
array of holes on a planar surface.
BoundaryExtrude - extrudes a face to a boundary.
BoundaryMove - moves a face to a boundary.
ExtrudeSide - Extrude any number of faces from any
number of polysurfaces in any direction faces adjacent to moved
faces will not be stretched
FoldFace - Folds a face or faces.
- Looks for pairs of naked edges within the same polysurface that
overlap within the file tolerance and attempts to join them.
- MakeHole - Create a hole in a polysurface.
- MergeAllFaces - Merge all co-planar faces of
a polysurface into one face.
- MergeFace - Merge two co-planar faces in a solid
into one face
- MoveEdge - Move the edge(s) of a solid or polysurface.
- MoveHole - Move a hole in a surface, polysurface,
- MoveSide - Move a planer surface in a polysurface
PlaceHole - Place multiple holes on a face using a
RevolvedHole - Create revolved holes from profile
RotateEdge - Rotate edges of polysurfaces around an
axis with angle or reference points.
- RotateFace - Rotate faces of polysurfaces around
an axis with angle or reference points.
RotateHole - Rotates a hole in a planar surface.
RoundHole - Enables quick making of round holes without
needing hole curve or profile curve.
ScaleEdge - Scale the edges of a planar surface.
- Slab - Creates a solid from polyline
SplitFace - Split a planar face of a polysurface with
StraightenPolysurface - Repair utility to straightens
a slightly kinked polysurface. Can be useful when an edge fillet
does not work.
UnionFaces - Extract the merged union of selected
WireCut - Use open or closed curve to cut a polysurface.
- Forces mesh vertices within a specified distance to the same location.
Use to close small gaps in a mesh.
ApplyMeshUVN - Wraps meshes and points onto a surface
based on the surface u- and v-coordinates.
- above or below a certain
length to a single mesh vertex.
CollapseMeshEdge - Collapses a mesh edge to a mesh
CollapseMeshFace - Collapses a mesh face to a mesh
- Collapses faces within a specified range of area.
- Collapses faces within a specified aspect ratio.
- Collapses a mesh edges
- Collapses a mesh vertex to another mesh vertex.
- Deletes faces that have 0 area. If any vertices are orphaned in
the process, they are also removed.
DeleteMeshFace - Deletes mesh faces.
- Duplicates the boundary of a hole in a mesh.
- Extracts faces that do not have valid normals.
ExtractConnectedMeshFaces - Extracts faces that are
connected to a selected face by defining the break angle between
two connected faces.
- Extracts faces that are identical in a single mesh.
- Makes polylines from mesh edges.
ExtractMeshFaces - Extracts
selected mesh faces.
- Extracts faces within a specified range of area.
ExtractMeshFacesByAspectRatio - Extracts faces within
a specified upper and lower aspect ratio. Lets you extract features
and split a mesh. The Border option creates a polyline around the
- Extracts faces within a specified upper and lower draft angle
based on a view. Lets you extract features and split a mesh.
ExtractMeshFacesByEdgeLength - Extracts faces within
a specified range of edge length.
- Extracts faces that are bounded by unwelded edges.
FillHole - Fills a closed mesh boundary with triangular
mesh faces. Use PatchSingleFace and FillHole to close separate edge
loops to bridge between two disconnected edges.
FillHoles - Fills all holes in mesh with triangular
MatchMeshEdge - Matches open edges so they will be
watertight based on a tolerance. First the command will try to match
vertices, then it will try split edges to make the edges match.
No part of the mesh is moved more than the specified tolerance.
You can use this command either on the complete mesh or on selected
MeshFromPoints - Creates a mesh from selected points
or point cloud.
MeshHeightfield - Creates a mesh based on the color
values in a bitmap.
OffsetMesh - Offsets the
mesh a specified distance with the option to fill the space between
the two surfaces to create a solid.
PatchSingleFace - Patches
a mesh hole with a single mesh face. Pick two mesh edges or an edge
and a vertex to create a face. Optionally joins that face to the
selected edges and vertices.
- RebuildMesh - Strips all
information from a mesh and returns only the mesh geometry. Use
this command to rebuild meshes that are not acting properly.
- RebuildMeshNormals - Removes
mesh normals then reconstructs the face and vertex normals based
on the orientation of the faces.
SplitDisjointMesh - Split
meshes that do not touch into separate parts.
SplitMeshEdge - Splits a face edge at a point.
SwapMeshEdge - Swaps the corners of triangles that
share the edge.
- Splits nonplanar quads into two triangles.
UnWeld - Unwelded vertices
are not shared by multiple faces in a mesh. Unweld adds vertices
in a mesh based on a break angle so that no face will share a vertex
WeldVertices - Welded vertices
are shared by more than one face in a mesh. Combines selected single
mesh vertices into a single shared vertex.
- Aligns objects by their bounding boxes.
- Orients objects on a curve.
- CurveArea - Display
the area enclosed by a closed planar curve.
- CurveLength -
Find the length of one or more curves.
- Modeless version of the PointDeviation command.
- Sound an alert when a command finishes. Adds an option to
perform an operation if a specified command takes longer than a
- Calculator the inputs results to the command line
- Exports selected application options.
- Attach web site URLs to objects.
- Imports selected application options.
- Toolbar button macro editor.
- Delete unused block definitions and layers.
- Sent email via SMTP from within Rhino.
(updated) - Replaces the RhinoScript_m.rhp
plug-in included with Rhino 3.0 SR3. If you are not running Rhino
3.0 SR3, you will need to update to the service release before using
this version of RhinoScript.
- Open a "stay on top" web browser window that you can read
while working in Rhino.
- Sets the spotlight direction based on your view. Use RenderedViewport
mode to see the effect of the light on the object.
- Shows accumulated polygon count for select objects.
- Create and view individual render meshes.
- Sets a spotlight to match the viewport camera direction.
- Sets the view match a spotlight direction.