The world’s largest circulation maritime publication Maritime Reporter Magazine has published a multi-page interview with Darren Larkins, the CEO of shipbuilding software company SSI (developer of ShipConstructor and EnterprisePlatform). When it comes to “the business of shipbuilding”, particularly the role of technology in that business, Larkins stands among a very small group of experts.
During his interview, Larkins gave his thoughts on:
- How to enable seamless integration of all shipyard departments & processes.
- Why you don’t need to throw away sophisticated 2D processes to adopt 3D technology.
- Why real-world experience with shipbuilding is essential when implementing technical innovations.
- Why a diverse portfolio of clients has found SSI software ideal, particularly naval shipbuilders
- The explosive growth of SSI